After catching up a little bit, it’s come to my attention that Wynwords has nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award! A BIG thank you for that! Sometimes I forget that people actually read this thing, let alone that something I may talk about may touch or inspire people. This definitely made me smile and was a much-needed pick me up.
So as far as I know, the rules for this are:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Paste the award on your blog
3. Link the person who nominated you for the award
4. Nominate 7 bloggers
5. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated
6. Post 7 random things about you.
Alrighty then, let’s get on with this!
So, as far as the blogs I’d like to nominate…
Morgan Shamy is an awesome writer. I love that she documents her journey and process so honestly. Half the time when I read about her frustrations and successes it’s like I physically feel it – she’s that good about expressing what it’s like to be a writer.
Elizabeth Twist is another person I’ve been following almost as long as I’ve been blogging. I love her humor, her take on writing and on her own personal adventures. She has a way of expressing herself frankly and with a flair that I admire.
Ali’s Bookshelf is amazing. I love Ali’s blatant love of books and her desire to share authors of all types with the world. She’s informed, but that doesn’t tamper her love of reading one bit.
The Southern Belle From Hell – Leexxx Christian writes some steamy stuff, and has a wonderfully outspoken take on the world, writing, the industry, and genre stuff in general. Love it.
SH Roddey – I love how she details her frustrations and the hard work it really is to become an author. Love her take on genre stuff, and the fact that she keeps me on my toes when I’m not paying attention.
Cabbin Goddess – I love how passionate Kriss gets about reading (and bacon). She works so hard talking about all different sorts of fiction and authors, I can’t even imagine how much hard work and time she puts into it.
Filthy Rags and Dirty Cups – I love Sean Taylor’s writing blog, but this one is so unique and so interesting, I want to show it some love. It’s a very honest exploration of faith and spirituality and what it means to be Christian and be the type of person you are.
So there you go – Seven blogs you need to check out right now.
And as for the seven random things about me…
1. I’m harder on myself than most people realize. Call it being a virgo, call it first child syndrome, call it whatever…I very rarely need to be nagged on specific things because chances are I already know there’s a problem and I’ve already raked myself over the coals about it. Creative criticism is fine, but nagging or beating a dead horse (especially if it’s in any sort of public at all), never sits well with me.
2. Part of my mind is usually focused on a story.Always. You know you’re amazing if you can get a hundred percent of my attention (and yes, this is possible.) But I can relate nearly everything to a story, and I’m always looking for ideas, so at times I do have to be yanked back into the real world.
3. I love shojo manga. In a bad way. I don’t read it all the time, but I do love to curl up with a few volumes at a time when I am reading it. I especially love titles like Hana Yori Dango, Fruits Basket, Godchild, Petshop of Horrors, and (of course) Skip Beat!
4. I have a bad guilty pleasure habit of watching random Bravo TV shows. I usually have them on as white noise when I’m checking email, but I will admit that I follow a few way too much and this embarrasses me. Things like Top Chef and Million Dollar Matchmaker I can put off as at least learning something or seeing how people respond under pressure, but I can’t really explain away watching shows like the Beverly Hills version of Real Housewives. Sigh. I’m working on breaking this habit, believe me.
5. Although I am fairly nocturnal, I also like sleep. Maybe a little too much. I probably need to get on a human schedule at some point in my life – it’s something I’m definitely working on this year.
6. I love comics, from graphic novels to the Sunday paper variety. I miss the days when Far Side, Peanuts, Calvin and Hobbes, and others were all in one place. I also know way too much about Batman for a healthy, sane woman of a certain age to know. Oh, well, keeps life interesting.
7. I love puppetry. Growing up in the eighties, I was lucky enough to be exposed to a lot of Jim Henson’s various projects, and I can’t help but think that it ignited a huge love affair. Whether it’s more cultural/artistic or meant for film, comedy, or sketch purposes, I just love puppets. I love watching them, performing them, and making them. There’s something very specific about the art form that’s so challenging – you really have to pay attention and put a lot of work into things. I feel like every time I work with puppets I learn a little more about how I approach problems and how I’m progressing in my performance experience.
3 thoughts on “Beautiful Blogging”
I liked reading your seven random facts about yourself and especially liked your 7th blogger. I checked it out and found the song for Christmas a new way of looking at it. Congratulations on your being honored in this way!
Awwwww… Thank you for the kind shout out, Selah! And loved reading your random facts. This was really fun–I need to go check out these other bloggers!
Aw, thanks for this! I hope 2013 is wonderful and productive for you!